- I'm still living in Yosemite, and my apartment is only a few minutes by foot from my office so I walk (or bike) to work everyday. Not only is this good for the environment, but it is also good for my soul. I know it's hard, but I hope more people can figure out ways to live closer to where they work.
- Because my employer provides composting throughout Yosemite, I'm able to compost all of my food waste, which is amazing.
- I live in a very small studio apartment so heating is less energy-intensive, and I don't use an air conditioner.
- Because my apartment is tiny (and because I know it's bad for the environment), I also don't buy much in the way of material possessions.
- I have a small refrigerator that requires less energy to run and also prevents me from wasting food (I have limited space and need to use that space for food I'm actually going to eat).
- I still eat meat, but I've recently started eating beans made in the slow cooker several times a week. It's hard to admit, but since raising animals for meat is so bad for the environment, this has probably reduced my environmental impact more than cutting out plastic ever did. I should cut back even more.
Anyways, I just wanted to share a little bit about what's been going on with me lately. Thanks for reading!