My Favorite Things: Canvas Bags
Anyways, three canvas bags probably isn't enough for a big supermarket trip, but I have several paper grocery bags from past shopping excursions that I've been re-using. I'm considering getting a few more big canvas bags, but I don't feel like I NEED more quite yet so I'm going to wait on that. Too bad, the bags I have right now are super ugly (thanks sis), and it would be nice to buy some of the really cute new ones I've been seeing around.
Tips for Remembering Your Canvas Bags
I'm sure we all know that the challenge with using canvas bags is simply remembering to bring your bags with you when you leave. With that in mind, here a few strategies to help you remember:
- Put a reminder in your Outlook or Yahoo calendar to remind you to bring your bags and have it ding on the morning of the day you usually go grocery shopping.
- Hang a note on your rear view mirror that says, "got your shopping bags?" Then once you're in the habit, you can take the note down.
- Put a reminder note in a pantry or cupboard that you usually take inventory of before you go to the store.
- Set an alarm in your cell phone set to go off weekly on the day you go shopping. When you hear the alarm, you'll remember that it means "I need to bring my canvas bags to the store when I go!!"
- Attach a reminder note to your coffee can if you make coffee daily. Hopefully, seeing the note in the morning will help you remember.
Tell Us About Your Canvas Bag
If you love your canvas bags, write a comment and tell us why. Oh, and if you're still in the market for cute canvas bags, check out other people's recommendations on This Next.