Solution: Seasoned Popcorn!
I grew up eating plastic-free popcorn made right on the stove-top, courtesy of my Dad. It was always delicious, and with a little dressing up, I knew it could be a good snack for the football fiesta.
And I was right. The spicy and savory concoction I put together was quite tasty.
How to Make Wonderful Seasoned Popcorn
I used the recipe for Emily's Famous Popcorn, found on Allrecipes.com, and made a few changes. It took about 10 minutes to make.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Thinly coat the bottom of a large saucepan or soup pot with oil.
- Add kernels, place a lid on the pan, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Shake to coat the kernels with oil.
- When the corn starts to pop, shake the pan constantly until the popping stops.
- Remove from heat, and pour popped corn into a large brown paper bag.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with yeast, chili powder, cumin and salt. Then shake the brown paper bag until the seasonings coat the corn.