- A plastic glass for wine on the plane (an early transgression)
- Two of those miniature cups for cream
- A glasses repair kit with a bit of plastic packaging (the screw on my sunglasses fell out)
- various hotel key cards
- A miniature bottle of shampoo (I went in this amazingly gorgeous soaking pool at my hotel and I had to wash the chlorine out of my hair)
- A few bags of chocolate covered hazelnuts (souvenirs for my new roomies and my dad)
- A styrofoam cup and plastic stirrer for tea
Well, for all of them except the last one.
That STUPID styrofoam cup and stirrer were not my fault at all. On the plane on the way home, it was really, really cold so I asked my American Airlines flight attendant for some hot tea. I handed her my stainless steel reusable mug and asked politely, Can you just put the tea in here please?
And you know what she said? Oh, ahhhh (uncomfortable pause) I'm just going to put it in a cup for you.
What is that supposed to mean? Why didn't she want to use my stainless steel mug? It was totally clean. What was her problem?
Did American Airlines instruct her not to fill reusable mugs, or was she just being a freak? I would really like to know.
Anyways, I may never find out, but I guess it's time to write a letter.